Chickpea Cookies (What?!)..
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 cup of peanut butter (or an alternative nut butter or tahini)
1/4 cup of maple syrup or honey
2 tsp of vanilla
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of baking powder
Option to add some dark chocolate chips (1/3 of a cup)
Preheat oven to 200. Line a baking tray with paper
Rinse and drain chickpeas
Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor (accept choc chips). Blend to desired consistency.
Fold in choc chips with a spoon.
Scoop out and place large spoon sized scoops onto tray.
Place in the oven for 20-25 mins
These delicious snacks are dairy and gluten free whilst also containing:
- High Protein: Keeping you fuller longer and supporting muscle health and enzyme production.
- Low GI (glycaemic index): Supporting lower blood sugar levels.
- Calcium: Bone health, nerve conduction, muscle movement.
- Magnesium: 300 biochemical reactions, immune system, muscle and nerve function.
- Iron: Oxygen transport, energy production.
- Folate (B9): Red and white blood cell health, converts carbohydrates to energy.